Tuesday, June 26, 2012

InStyle Magazine Cover and a FlanneryCrane interpretation.

I was checking out at the local market when I came across Instyle Magazine's latest edition (July) featuring Selma Hayek on the cover: http://news.instyle.com/2012/06/12/salma-hayek-instyle-july-2012-cover-girl/ It caught my eye because of the dress she was wearing: A pretty pink dress with a delectable ruffled trim. It just so happened on this weeks buying spree, I found a similar dress, so those sugary sweet ruffles were still fresh in my mind. My version however, is in your basic black. While I am always happy to find black dresses, it is always nice to have a variety of color, but the trim on this fresh sheath makes up for the lack thereof. Not only does it have the ruffles around the hemline, they are around the v-neck as well, and a pretty little path finds its way down the center of the dress. But wait, there's more... Don't you just love to say that? I know I do. The cut of the dress is an hourglass style that is made very well, and so pleasing to the eye. You can find my version on etsy, and here's a sneakpeak:

No comments:

Post a Comment